RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and usage practices. For additional information about RUHS Alumni Association, Inc., please review our Terms & Conditions.
RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. does not sell or rent your personal identification to companies or other organizations for sales purposes. RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. does provide your personal identification to selected Class Reunion Committees to allow them to contact alumni regarding upcoming events.
2. Email. It is the policy of RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. to send our alumni only the types of email they elect to receive in addition to RUHS Alumni Association, Inc.’s usual confirmation communications for address confirmation, etc. It is also our policy to remove alumni from any RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. mailing list to which they have subscribed upon request such as for the newsletter, Alumni Sea Hawk, etc. At any time, alumni can update their email preferences by contacting the RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. using the online Contact form. (See instructions below under “Updating Your Information.”) In addition, every opt-in email communication from RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. will contain clear and obvious instructions for how the alumnus can remove himself or herself from that mailing list.
3. Information Collection and Use (Updated) Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor your experience at RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. showing content that we think you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your preferences. We do this in two ways. First, we analyze members information in aggregate - that is, we collect information about thousands of site visits and analyze it as a whole. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to RUHS Alumni Association, Inc., rather than analyzing information about any individual member. Examples include researching which parts of the site are accessed most frequently, or determining which products are most attractive to our users. Second, we may use information gathered during your visit to help customize our communications with you. For instance, if you choose to view our RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. Celebrity Yearbooks, we might offer you a link to related products the next time you visit us online, or we might send you an offer related to celebrities.
RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. may use aggregated, statistical information to describe our membership and to establish advertising and other business relationships with third parties. RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. may display targeted advertisements based on your personal and/or profile information, but RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. does not provide any of this information to an advertiser or any third party with exception to those uses expressly stipulated in this policy. However, if you as a member click or view an ad on our site then you consent to the likelihood that the advertiser will assume that you meet the targeting criteria, if any, used to display such ad.
RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. may periodically conduct individual voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer, and how we provide them to you. The responses we collect in online surveys are anonymous. In the end, we hope to tailor our communications with you to fit your needs - so that you receive more of what you want from us and less of what you don't want.
4. Updating Your Personal Information RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. provides you with ways in which you can alter the personal data listed below. To make these changes, please log into your high school directory page and click the "My Profile" button. Once you have made the desired changes, click the Submit New Contact Information button to lock in your changes. Follow the directions below to make changes to your personal information.
You have the ability to change or correct the following information yourself:
- Your First or Last Name at Graduation
- Your Graduation Year
- Your Current First or Last Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Postal Address
- Your Password
- Your Email Opt-in Preferences
- Your School Name, City, State, or Country
If you have questions about changing or correcting your information, visit our Help area - Updating Your Information.
5. The Security of Your Information We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit card information, during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Your data is kept in a highly secure environment protected from access by unauthorized parties. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by ensuring you logoff when finished visiting RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. using a shared computer.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel GIFs or Web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
7. Browser Monitor RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. may employ a browser monitor within Web pages on our site in order to determine your browser status and the client-side metrics relating to page loading. We constantly seek ways to improve page load times for our members and may ultimately use these metrics for such purposes. Any such browser monitor will only be active while the use is active on the RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. site. For your protection, any such browser monitor will not require an executable (*.exe) application.
8. IP Address Like most Internet sites, we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. This information is distributed to current and potential advertisers, but only in aggregate form. It does not contain information that identifies individual members.
9. Membership Removal If you wish to have your registration removed from our directory for any reason, simply use our online registration removal process - http://www.RUHS Alumni Association, Inc..com/user/remove/. If you have any problem removing your registration, please request assistance from Member Care.
10. Advertising and Third Party Links Some RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. advertisers and affiliate partners may request information directly from users, or link to sites that do so. RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. has no control over its advertisers' privacy policies, and encourages users to review such policies prior to submitting any personal information to them.
RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. contains non-advertising links to a variety of third party sites to enhance the member experience. RUHS Alumni Association, Inc. has no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites, nor should such links be considered an endorsement of these sites except where otherwise noted.
11. Children Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important to RUHS Alumni Association, Inc.. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Web site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Web site is intended for use by those under 13.
12. Updates to our information practices From time to time, we make changes to our information practices or alter the functionality of our Web site. We always update this statement accordingly, so we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on privacy practices at RUHS Alumni Association, Inc.
13. Abuse of Terms of Service We may provide your personal information to the police or other investigating agencies to assist them in the investigation of any suspected violations of law. We also have the right to share your name and contact information with our attorneys in the event of serious violations of conduct. If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please contact us using the online Contact form.